501 Cedar Street Suite C, Santa Cruz CA 95060 | 831-331-5611 | email@example.com
Prices per semester (these amounts can be paid with monthly installments)
$750 for one class per week, $1400 for two classes per week, $2000 for three classes per week
This class is an exciting combination of hands-on science curriculum incorporated with language arts. We strive to create a classroom experience for homeschooling families who are looking for some structure and social interaction. Our curriculum includes academics as well as team building so that our students can have the opportunity to make new friends and their families can create new connections. A google group will be created at the beginning of the year so that parents can stay involved and participate when they would like.
- There will be a hands-on science experience most every class meeting. Students will participate in the annual Science Festival at the Learning Center in March 2019.
- Field Trips. Parents are always invited to tag along!
- Current events: Kids will learn to prepare summaries to age-appropriate periodicals and think critically about what they are reading.
- Students will journal each day.
- The following writing projects will be completed: persuasive essay, biography, book report, research paper, scientific poster presentation.
With our location Downtown students and teachers go to Louden Nelson Park for Lunch and Recess.
This class is an optional add on for elementary students. Students that are not taking the Elementary Combo Class are allowed to take the Elementary Art class.
The benefits of the Arts in education crossover into multiple areas as well as developing creative thinking. This class will include projects that explore some of the masters of art both historically and present day. We will look at styles and plan our own pieces referencing them. We will also create some projects that focus on the process of art as opposed to the end product. We will explore a variety of mediums, the relationships between space, line and color, basic drawing and painting techniques and tools. Projects will explore drawing from real life, abstract colors, and some basic craft projects. The curriculum will be student driven and evolve with the class' interests.